Note: All sales are final - No returns
OK guys - you are chomping at the bit to have the ability to self recover. You are dead set on adding the Offroad Animal Hidden Winch mount to your WK2 Grand Cherokee.
But now you wonder, what winch should I get ?
Look no further - here is the winch we recommend.
Why, you ask?
- Because, Warn, c'mon mate ! ... and at an affordable price
- It fits with the Offroad Animal WK2 Hidden Winch Mount without requiring to trim the grill so you can keep the sexy lines of your bumper
- 10,000 lb is well matched to the weight of the vehicle. This 10,000 lb winch has the perfect blend of speed and power.
- The gearbox can be clocked to face the clutch lever down. Why is this important ? Well at Offroad Animal we were smart enough to provide an access hole in the winch plate so you can reach up and engage free-spool so you can save your battery and tons of time paying out the line.
- Synthetic - yes there are some advantages to steel wire rope but in totality we believe synthetic is a better option due to its light weight and ease of use.
- 2-in-1 Wired/Wireless Remote: The re-designed remote offers the option to go wireless giving you more versatility and function. Also includes a wired lead when needed for backup or for the old school guys that want it hard wired. Making this winch very user friendly.
Legendary Warn Recovery: Warn offers the most reliable winch in the marketplace. A winch is only good when it works when you are in a bind. There is nothing worse than trying to use a winch that has been sitting on the front of your Jeep for months and your stuck in that nasty mud hole with a defective winch that does not work. The Warn brand name is know world wide for dependable winches that you can trust with endless reviews and customers proving it.
Ideal weight capacity and line speed for 1/2-ton pickups, Jeeps, and larger SUVs. The VR EVO 10-S features IP68-rated waterproof construction, an ultra-reliable Albright contactor inside a relocatable control pack, and a state-of-the-art, two-in-one remote (wired and wireless) for added ease of use and versatility. With it’s fast line-speed and lower amp draw, the VR EVO series of winches are the hardest-working standard-duty winches Warn's ever made, with tactical styling that looks great up front and at a price that won’t pull you out of your budget.
- Synthetic rope is 3/8 inch x 90 feet (9.5mm x 27.4m)
- Rated Line Pull: 10,000 lbs. (4536 kg)
- Motor: 12V DC, series wound
- Gear Ratio: 218:1
- Recommended Battery: 650 CCA min. for winching
- Durable, one-piece cast-aluminum tie-plate foradded strength and durability
- IP68-rated waterproof winch construction keeps the elements out
- High-performance Albright contactor delivers maximum reliability
- Control packs can be relocated for low-profile installations
- Two-in-one remote with wired AND wireless options for ease of use and versatility
- Limited lifetime warranty for mechanical parts and 7 years on the electrical
Standard Mounting Bolt Pattern: 10.0" x 4.5" (254mm x 114.3mm)
Overall Winch Dimensions: 21" L x 6.3" D x 10.1" H (534mm L x 160.5mm D x 256mm H)
|VR EVO 10, VR EVO 10-S SPECS/PART NUMBERS|
|Part Numbers: PN 103252 (VR EVO 10), 103253 (VR EVO 10-S)|
|Rated Line Pull: 10,000 lbs (4536 kgs)|
|Motor: 12V DC, Series Wound™|
|Electrical Controls: Albright Contactor|
|Remote Control: 2-in-1 plug in remote with wireless capability and 11.5' (3.5m) Lead|
|Geartrain: 3-Stage Planetary|
|Gear Ratio: 218:1|
|Clutch (freespooling): Rotating Ring Gear Clutch|
|Brake: Spring Brake|
|Drum Diameter/Length: 2.5"/9.0" (6.73cm/23cm)|
|Weight: Shipping Steel - 91.93 lbs (41.7 kgs), Shipping Synthetic - 72.40 lbs (32.84 kgs)|
|Rope: Steel - .354" x 90' (9mm x 27.4m), Synthetic - 3/8" x 90' (9.5mm x 27.4m)|
|Fairlead: Steel - Roller, Synthetic - Die Cast Hawse|
|Recommended Battery: 650 CCA min. for winching|
|Battery Leads: .098" x 6.5' (25mm x 2m)|
|Finish: Powder coat finish over primer undercoat|
|Warranty: Limited Lifetime|
|VR EVO 10, VR EVO 10-S: 12V DC Performance Specs (based on first layer of drum)|
|Pull by layer
|0||27.1 (8.3)||58 amps||1/10000 (4536)|
|2000 (910)||13.9 (4.2)||125 amps||2/8226 (3731)|
|4000 (1810)||9.9 (3.0)||185 amps||3/6987 (3169)|
|6000 (2720)||8.2 (2.5)||244 amps||4/6072 (2754)|
|8000 (3630)||6.5 (2.0)||303 amps||5/5370 (2436)|
|10000 (4536)||5.2 (1.6)||358 amps|
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
Limited Lifetime mechanical Warranty & 7 year electrical Warranty
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Works and looks great.
I have no qualms with the winch itself, however once installed on my 2020 Grand Cherokee, I noticed when re-installing the Front Fascia, The control box butted up to the back of the Fascia. I had to Dremel the plastic on the back side of the Fascia in order to fit the Fascia completely into position. I will need to fabricate a mounting bracket (which I will do in the future because the brackets that were sent with the winch mount did not have mounting holes that aligned with the control box) in order to move the control box under the Winch mount. That said it will also enable me to insert the the control cable (if required) easily thru the access points that were designed into the bumper. I do like the fact that the control switch can be used remotely without have to use the cable.